Re: Desktop task(sel) in Etch? (Bug #389092)

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 11:23:50AM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> though. My proposal is generate:
>
> Debian GNOME Desktop CD (installs by default desktop and gnome-desktop
> tasks)
> Debian KDE Desktop CD (installs by default desktop and kde-desktop tasks)
> Debian XFCE Desktop CD (xfce-desktop wasn't added yet but is in my
> tasksel' branch)
> Debian regular CDs
> Debian regular DVDs

How about we drop the XFCE Desktop CD, make sure the necessary packages
end up on CD #2 and advise those people to either install regular CD #1
and #2 or use taskself via http/ftp?

Having one CD to maintain/care about less might be very worthwhile
(debian-cd team, anyone?), and people who exactly know they want XFCE
are probably capable of figuring out how to get it themselves I guess.

Michael