Re: Problem sending to Alioth lists?

On 8/28/06, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:
> What the message suggests to me is that the other machines in your
> domain should be using address rewriting if they are sending from
> unroutable addresses.

Except that there are multiple domains hosted from my network.  Which
should I use?  BTW, this occurs even from hosts which have publicly
routable IP addresses, probably because they are not running a publicly
accessible mail server.  The point is that I only experience this
problem with Alioth and SourceForge lists, where they use braindead call
back mechanism to try and reach the host that originated the message.
Since I am using mutt and I simply have postfix set to use a smarthost,
which does have a publicly accesible postfix running.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it matters what domain, the
address just has to exist. I think that they're checking your Sender
header (which is where bounces get sent) for validity. I remember
dealing with this once by getting mutt to add an explicit Sender
header, but perhaps you can configure the mail server to rewrite the
header to your normal email.

Hope this helps,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/