Re: debconf and substitution of non-translated text

> Which can probably be worked around as
>
>   La configuration du paquet «${pkg}» sera modifiée.
>
> or a similar construction, no?

Absolutely.

I actually changed the fr.po file in dbconfig-common SVN so that
"database fo ${pkg}" which was translated to "base de données de
${pkg}" is now "base de données pour ${pkg}"...indeed a more literal
translation which avoids the mentioned problem.

Welcome to the French l10n team, Steve..:-)