Re: Packaging software which does not use autotools

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 23:10:04 +0200, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On 2006-08-14 22:33:49, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > Do you plan to support other system than linux in a fork? If no, there
> > is

> Well, the software is already prepared to support *BSD, Solaris and
> Linux, but I only intent to support Linux - the only thing I use on a
> day to day basis.

If the current build system supports those arches, and yours does not,
it seems a step back. Also consider that we have non-Linux based Debian
ports as well, so if it does not build on those, bugs with patches will
have to be submitted for the package...

regards,
guillem