Re: Silly Packaging Problem

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 05:39:48PM -0400, Michael S. Peek wrote:
> The next time there's an upgrade for courier-authdaemon, won't it
> overwrite my version of /etc/courier/authdaemonrc with it's own?  I
> thought that was the whole reason for diversions in the first place, but
> if diversions don't work for conffiles, then what is one to do?  Or does
> ucf work some magic to prevent this?
> Is this kind of thing addressed in the Debian Policy Manual (and I just
> missed it)?

Yes, it is. If this is the courier-authdaemon in Debian, and it
blindly overwrites conffiles on upgrade, expect it to be plastered
with RC bugs faster than you can blink.

{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);
AIM(dreadazathoth); YAHOO(crawlingchaoslabs); FINGER(fungi@yuggoth.org);
MUD(fungi@katarsis.mudpy.org:6669); WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); }