Re: Silly Packaging Problem

also sprach Michael S. Peek <peek@tiem.utk.edu> [2006.08.08.2124 +0100]:
> 2) I then divert this file.

Diversions of conffiles are not supported. Check that
/etc/courier/authdaemonrc is not a conffile. If it is, you could
easily lose data in my experience.

> 1) I check for the presence of /etc/courier/authdaemonrc.distrib
> 2) I check for the presence of /etc/courier/authdaemonrc (from my package)
> *** This is where the package installation fails --
> /etc/courier/authdaemonrc does not exist.

Exactly.

I suggest installing your files to /usr/local/share/etc/courier and
then using ucf or just plain cat to modify the file in /etc/courier.
This is how I solved the challenge in a cluster situation. You can
force ucf to replace files by setting $UCF_FORCE_CONFFNEW .

`. `'`

Most Intelligent Customers Realise Our Software Only Fools Them.