Re: package ownership in Debian

On 7/29/06, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:20:35 +0000, Gustavo Franco
<gustavorfranco@gmail.com> said:

> I'm not here for push "new upstream releases" into your packages,
> for example. We're talking about bug fixing and better integration,
> eg: better hardware support, as Anthony pointed out.

        Even then, there might be different ways of implementing a bug
 fix -- and thus my input should still be sought. After all, I'll be
 the one who has to live with the code.

        What about fixes for bugs that would have been labelled
 wontfix were I had been given time to  ofer an input? Not all
 reported RC bugs are indeed that, or warrant a fix.

        I see no real reason for cutting the maintainer out of the NMU
 loop, even if they are not a team -- which is why provisions for
 keeping the maintainer in the loop are a Good Thing™.

I agree. Please read again[0], [1] and [2]. You replied [0] after i
wrote [0], [1] and [2].

[0] = http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/07/msg01170.html
[1] = http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/07/msg01219.html
[2] = http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/07/msg01230.html