Re: package ownership in Debian (was: Why does Ubuntu have all the ideas?)

On 7/28/06, Mario Iseli <admin@marioiseli.com> wrote:
Hi there,

(...)
I imagine if we would have a big CVS tree like Gentoo or some BSD's, i
wouldn't know where to begin with my work or what I sould do. The forest
is so large and you don't see the tree!

I don't think we need a central approach, every maintainer or group of
maintainers is free to use svn, bzr, whatever with Debian
infrastructure or not. It would be good if the maintainers pointed out
the vcs they're using, and its url through PTS.

*BSD are a different and smaller beasts in this matter and what about
when their cvs repositories are offline? :-)

regards,
-- stratus