Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 5

David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> writes:
> Well, if foo depends on foo-data, and foo-data depends on foo, I find
> it really hard to see the point of splitting the two into distinctive
> packages...

It could be useful if foo-data is very large, but changes rarely,
whereas foo is small, but changes more often.  Then if the user updates
frequently, he will usually only have to download a new foo, not
foo-data.

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.