Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 5

Loïc Minier writes ("Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 5"):
>  I fail to see how the circular depends between tasksel and tasksel-data
>  would cause any bug though.  I agree it's best to fix circular deps in
>  general, but it's not necessarily required each time.

You persist in using the word `fix'.  But that's not correct.  There
is NOTHING WRONG with circular dependencies per se.

Of course particular instances of circular dependencies might be
problematic.  I would try to avoid it other than in closely coupled
sets of packages, and it is best of one of the packages in the cycle
is per data without a postinst.

There have also been bugs in dpkg's handling of cycles involving
virtual packages but these are fixed now I think.

Ian.