Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 5

Steve Greenland wrote:
> Sure, it allows some one to install foo-data without the program that
> uses it? So what? It's unlikely to happen by accident, and annoying to
> those doing it intentionally. (Just like those foo-docs that depend on
> foo, although they are mostly fixed, now.)

I don't buy the often-made argument that foo-data packages are generally
useful to install just to look at the beautiful data. It doesn't fly; if
you want to look at the data, use apt-get source. The exact same
argument could be used to argue against any dependency at all:

	Oh, I just want to hex dump /bin/ls.. I don't want to *run* it.

--
see shy jo