Re: Self-conflicts and self-depends

also sprach Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> [2006.07.24.2253 +0100]:
> Well, what is the reason to conflict on itself? It makes sense for
> conflict on provides for virtual packages, but on the real package?

An upgrade is the same as removing the old and installing the new
package, so other than maintainer script invocations (which will
differ if the old package was removed because of a conflict),
I don't see a difference. Of course, dpkg wouldn't let you a package
if it created a conflict, so yeah... no point...

`. `'`