RE: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 5

Surely it should be possible to use tasksel-data without the need of
installing tasksel?

'tasksel' the application requires tasksel-data to work, right, that is a
dependency.
'tasksel-data' is just a package that contains the data required by tasksel
(and maybe a few other applications), tasksel-data does *NOT* require
tasksel to be used, it's open source (major assumption here:) and the data
can be opened in a text editor.  In such a situation suggests, or recommends
would do the trick.