Re: Could there be a arch build test befre upload?

also sprach Joseph Smidt <jsmidt@byu.edu> [2006.07.19.1614 +0100]:
> 	The experience got me thinking, wouldn't it be nice if all
> maintainers could test there packages on all architectures before they
> uploaded?  Maybe a dbuildtest command before dupload which ran your
> package on the various architectures to test whether it builds.  You
> could view all the build logs and if everything checks out you know the
> package is ready.

Could you implement something that does this so we can assess
whether it's reasonable for the current workflow? Note that I am
sceptical and think that the effort is too much for Debian
maintainers and may lead to (more) negligence of packages... so
don't implement it unless you're sure that this is a viable idea wrt
the way Debian works.

`. `'`

SUSE: Soll Unix Sein, Eigentlich.