Could there be a arch build test befre upload?

    I've been maintaining texmaker which has originally built fine on all
architectures but failed to build on arm after the last upload.  Luckily
for me one of the arm devs helped me out and uploaded a fixed version.
He was able to test on arm and when it worked informed me.

	The experience got me thinking, wouldn't it be nice if all
maintainers could test there packages on all architectures before they
uploaded?  Maybe a dbuildtest command before dupload which ran your
package on the various architectures to test whether it builds.  You
could view all the build logs and if everything checks out you know the
package is ready.

	The arm dev suggested using experimental for such a purpose,
which I admit is a good idea, but isn't that more than is needed if all
you want to test is whether it builds on all architectures.  dbuildtest
could be another sanity test on top of linda and lintian.  Then you know
in advance if the build would work.

I just wondered what you all thought about this idea.

                              Joseph Smidt
Joseph Smidt
jsmidt@byu.edu