Re: greylisting on debian.org?

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 10:22:41AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Lionel Elie Mamane a écrit :

>> Bingo: Legitimate mail slowed down. You think the price is worth
>> it, which is a valid opinion. I happen not to think so.

> The question becomes: aren't you in a small minority?

That may very well be. A message was sent saying "only Thomas
disagrees", I just wanted to say that if we go the voice-counting way,
I have one, too.

> We certainly all know that it's perfectly impossible to reach a 100%
> consensus on such a topic. But what would be your point if a strong
> majority of DD agrees with the use of greylisting (as described by
> Pierre)

Then it would be OK to implement it. The very best would be to do the
same I do on my mail server, where users can individually choose
greylisting or not for personal mail to them, by a settings file in
their home directory. But if a strong majority wants greylisting, it
is OK to just do it on all mail (except postmaster@, maybe).

>> I don't remember the "master cannot cope under mail load, we need
>> desperate measures" point being brought up before. I may have
>> missed it.

> Well, given the way I received debian lists mail last day, there has
> probably been something somewhere..:)

I meant "in this thread". I do not read all threads, nor all mailing
lists.

--
Lionel