Mail rejection on size (was: greylisting on debian.org?)

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 00:24, Don Armstrong wrote:
> At least for the BTS, those messages are not discarded; they're just
> separated out and processing on them is halted. Blars spends a lot of
> time looking at "borderline" messages to put back in non-spam into the
> queue, and catches most of them.

There _are_ messages that are silently discarded though: those with a size
that is bigger than the limit, often because of attachments.
We sometimes miss valid mails to d-boot because of that (with installation
logs attached).
The main problem there IMO is that the sender gets no indication that
anything has gone wrong.

Also frustrating is the situation were an installation report (BR against
installation-reports) is accepted into the BTS, but rejected by the
mailservers, which means that we never get to see the report (at least
not in a timely manner)...