Re: Alioth Tracker: no correspondence to BTS?

Peter Samuelson, 2006-07-09 21:30:11 +0200 :

> [Toni Mueller]
>> I've just poked around a bit in Alioth for a project I'm working on
>> and found a bug report with a bug number that has no resemblance to
>> anything in BTS, quite contrary to my initial assumption.
> Yeah, the sourceforge software includes a primitive bug tracker
> which, as far as I know, people don't really use on alioth.

Some do (the Alioth admins, for a start :-).  Oh, and it's Gforge, not
Sourceforge (which has ceased to be free for years).

>> Imho this would only make sense if integrating these two is hard,
>> and if non-Debian projects are hosted on Alioth (I don't know).
> Yeah, I couldn't tell you why that feature is even enabled on
> alioth.

  Because having it available doesn't hurt, and project admins can
enable/disable trackers on their project as they see fit.

> Do people actually use it?  I certainly never check the tracker for
> alioth projects I'm involved with; I just assume people will use the
> Debian BTS instead.

  Some people do use it.  Not many, admittedly: we have a total of
about 3600 tracker items in the database.  But since we have a few
cases of upstream development hosted on Alioth, it makes sense to
offer an alternative to the Debian BTS that not everyone likes.

Roland Mas

Bonjour, je suis un virus de signature.  Propagez-moi dans la vôtre !