Re: Debian Bug Tracking System

Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not trying to start a flame war but can somebody give a convincing explanation
> as to why don't we have a standard BTS ?

I guess most "standard BTSses" can't be easily manipulated by E-Mail,
while ours can.

> If I need to subscribe to a bug I can't use the web interface.
> The answer you might give is, "Oh! Send am email to
> NNN-subscribe@bugs.debian.org"
>
> Can't we have an interface to allow subscribing to a bug through the web
> interface just like Bugzilla does?

Oh, that's just a missing feature, I don't think it's a problem of the
design.  Subscribing to bugs is rather new, and there just isn't a web
interface for this.  Please submit a wishlist bug report against
bugs.debian.org, or better provide a patch.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)