Re: greylisting on debian.org?

also sprach Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> [2006.07.05.1733 +0200]:
> the patches exists, and I already did that. the setup is in production
> on alioth FWIW, thanks to raphael hertzog.

ah! have you submitted them to debian-admin?

> basically, on alioth the greylisting is a selective greylist: we only
> use greylisting on hosts that are awkward (like listed on rbl's,
> reverse IP do not resolve, ...).
>
> greylist is inneficient if the remote host is a real smtp server, and
> real smtp server likely :
>  - are not listed on rbl's
>  - uses a correct reverse dns
>  - ...

FWIW, I do the same now, but I just use a regexp:

  /(\-.+){4}$/ greylisting
  /(\..+){4}$/ greylisting
  /unknown/ greylisting

and these two:
  http://sqlgrey.bouton.name/dyn_fqdn.regexp
  http://sqlgrey.bouton.name/smtp_server.regexp

Now, about whitelister, would you consider backporting that to
sarge?

`. `'`

"we should have a volleyballocracy.
 we elect a six-pack of presidents.