Re: make -j in Debian packages

ke, 2006-06-28 kello 18:43 +0200, Adam Borowski kirjoitti:
> What do you think about going with Don Armstrong's suggestion
> ($CONCURRENCY_LEVEL), while handling the default (no env var) my
> way (decent memory => parallel, little memory => -j 1) instead of
> Ingo's (-j 1 unless explicitely set)?

I'm in favor of Ingo's approach. I don't think it is a good idea to
hardcode assumptions of what is sufficient memory size into rules files;
that's the kind of thing that is best done centrally.

(Also, any rules file snippet should be as simple as possible. Otherwise
fixing it everywhere when a bug is found is going to be tedious.)

--
Connection resented by peer