Re: NMUs for Python Policy -- please hold them a little

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006, Roland Mas wrote:
> And here I was, thinking a policy was a collection of tried and true
> best practices turned into official status after they've been in use
> by most concerned packages for some time.

 IIUC, the benefit of the new policy is to ease switching to new Python
 versions.  The more packages following the new policy, the easiest are
 Python transitions.
   Since Python 2.4 is a release goal, it is desirable to have the most
 packages Python 2.4 aware, and it is automatically the case of packages
 converted to the new policy.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>