Re: please advise?

* Thomas Bushnell BSG [Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:51:18 -0700]:

> Can someone take a look at #373797 and give advice?

I agree with the submitter, and I have always nodded when I've read
changelog entries describing changes like this.

The example the submitter mentions, though, is not the real concern. The
scenario where foo gets removed leaving foo-common behind it's much more
likely (any time a tool without "mark as autoinstalled" support is used).

Same deal with manpages.

(The above is of course my opinion, but it's what makes sense to me.)

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                                        Listening to: Astrud - Me afecta