x.org related question

I just got around to upgrading to x.org in testing to see if it's
better and see if the 3D support has improved. After much hassle, I
got it, but I'm running into a problem with fvwm1.

# dpkg --configure --pending
Setting up fvwm1 (1.24r-50) ...
update-alternatives: unable to make
/usr/X11R6/man/man1/fvwm.1.gz.dpkg-tmp a symlink to
/etc/alternatives/fvwm.1.gz: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing fvwm1 (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
fvwm1

It's probably because the /usr/X11R6/man/man1 directory doesn't exist,
should it?

You see, during the upgrade x11-common bailed out complaining that
/usr/X11R6/bin wasn't empty. At the moment in /usr/X11R6 I have a
symlink for bin but include, lib and man are real directories. Should
they be? I can't find an answer.

x11-common bailing out is very uncool btw. Letting me drop to a shell
would have been better than leaving me with a system full of half
configured packages. Even giving me the option to fix the issue in
another screen would've been better. It was one lousy symlink from
netscape-base-4 holding up the entire process.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/