Re: please advise?

also sprach Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> [2006.06.15.2351 +0200]:
> Can someone take a look at #373797 and give advice?

If the download crashed during an APT, the system is potentially
inconsistent, so it needs fixing before it can be expected to work
again.

Then again, nothing prevents me from just installing the -common
package.

Either the menu system should check the availability of commands
(which is non-trivial), or those .desktop files should really only
come with the commands.

What's the benefit anyway of having such a small file in the
arch:all package? I bet the total savings across all twelve
architectures is less than one or two kilobytes.

Just my 2¢...

`. `'`

obviously i was either onto something, or on something.
                                 -- larry wall on the creation of perl