Re: [Debconf-discuss] list of valid documents for KSPs (was: Please revoke your signatures from Martin Kraff's keys)

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 02:12:48PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 05:28:35PM +0200, Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> > Is there a list of official documents (with photos) that we can consider
> > acceptable for a KSP?.  If there's not we definitely need one.
> > However this is rather tricky because the list itself should be authenticated
> > somehow, with a (gpg)signed photo of the person in charge for it? It seems clear
> > that having the list somehow authoritative creates a chicken-egg problem.
>
> Not meaningful.  Individual KSP participants are still free to apply their
> own personal standards for ID verification; attempting to "standardize" them
> likely just means fewer KSP participants in the future.

Regardless of this, I think it would be nice to have a document (wikipedia
article?) listing official documents of countries all over the world. KSP
attendants need not base their decissions on this, but could be useful
as background information.

If someone opens up a Wikipedia article on this, maybe extending
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_document (which only describes
*national* cards) I would gladly contribute to it.

Regards

Javier