Re: Sun Java available from non-free

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 02:43:31PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 01:35:33PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Try as I might, and considering how lawyers and judges are human beings
> > and not automatons, I can't see any realistic scenario in which we could
> > be sued and lose a case in relation to this license. Do you?
>
> Yes, I do, but not for distributing it.

What, prey tell, does Debian do in relation to the non-free archive that
does not involve "distributing"?

Remember that for non-free, we provide no guarantee except for the
notice that we're allowed to distribute. We don't even guarantee that
some end-user might actually be legally allowed to use the software.

--
Fun will now commence