Re: Sun Java available from non-free
- To: Raphael Hertzog <email@example.com>
- Cc: Romain Beauxis <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Francesco Poli <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Michael Meskes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Sun Java available from non-free
- From: Michael Meskes <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:50:22 +0200
- Message-id: <20060522085022.GC32644@1>
- Mail-followup-to: Raphael Hertzog <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Romain Beauxis <email@example.com>, Francesco Poli <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Michael Meskes <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20060521210437.GD18386@ouaza.com>
- References: <20060517062014.GA20409@foo.wolffelaar.nl> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060521173400.GD13829@ouaza.com> <email@example.com> <20060521210437.GD18386@ouaza.com>
On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 04:04:37PM -0500, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> No I don't answer to "shut up". I answer to stop now because Anthony Tows
> responded to all the questions and give a precise course of action on how
> we can continue improving the situation concerning the java licensing.
So he should stop because AJ answered although his questions were
> And I responded to someone who clearly doesn't agree with the ftpmasters
> decision and will continue flaming as hell when he already knows
> everything that he needs.
Well I read all emails in the thread and IMO yours was the one that
was closest to a flame. I assume that it wasn't meant to be, but
accusing others of flaming doesn't give you respectability.
> Fears are unfounded, we can at any time terminate the license by removing
Again this logic doesn't seem to work for me. If I was offering warez on
my server I couldn't become legal again by just removing it. My prior
action would still get me sued, doesn't it? And no, just saying I
thought it was okay, doesn't help me either.
Email: Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De, Michael at Meskes dot (De|Com|Net|Org)
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go SF 49ers! Go Rhein Fire! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!