Re: O: Gnus -- A versatile News and mailing list reader for Emacsen.

* Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> [060425 20:45]:
> > For me a changed .orig.tar.gz means I no longer can easily verify what
> > exactly is changed. So I have to not only to download the original
>
> This is a bug.  debian/copyright might be in the diff, but it still needs to
> describe all changes to upstream.  This certainly includes the removal of
> non-dfsg material.

If files are simply removed that this is a simple case. There should be
a list about what was removed, though.

I was trying to discuss the case of a not only stripped down, but
actually modified .orig.tar.gz, and be it only the case where some
files are removed and the rest of the files are modified to still build
or even to be consistent in what they describe.

Such modifications are normaly trivial but even trivial stuff can go
wrong and at least are intresting to know, so I strongly prefer them in
the .diff.gz.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link