Re: O: Gnus -- A versatile News and mailing list reader for Emacsen.

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:20:32 +0200, "Bernhard R. Link"
<brlink@debian.org> wrote:
>For me a changed .orig.tar.gz means I no longer can easily verify what
>exactly is changed. So I have to not only to download the original
>upstream version and unpack it and make sure the files do not differ,
>I have effectively two diffs to look at, while one of them I even have
>to create on my own.
>I prefer something makeing it clear what upstream and what Debian
>changes are.

Agreed. An accepted way to do this is to ship a shell script with the
Debian source package which operates on an pristine upstream tarball
obtained from upstream and delivers the Debian .orig.tar.gz for
comparision with what's in the archive.

Greetings
Marc