Re: O: Gnus -- A versatile News and mailing list reader for Emacsen.

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:20:32 +0200, "Bernhard R. Link"
<brlink@debian.org> wrote:
>For me a changed .orig.tar.gz means I no longer can easily verify what
>exactly is changed. So I have to not only to download the original
>upstream version and unpack it and make sure the files do not differ,
>I have effectively two diffs to look at, while one of them I even have
>to create on my own.
>I prefer something makeing it clear what upstream and what Debian
>changes are.

Agreed. An accepted way to do this is to ship a shell script with the
Debian source package which operates on an pristine upstream tarball
obtained from upstream and delivers the Debian .orig.tar.gz for
comparision with what's in the archive.