Re: locales broken?

James Vega wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 11:28:11PM +0200, Bastian Venthur wrote:
>> Hi Devs,
>> I know some weeks ago we had some major change in some package (I don't
>> remember) which broke my locales. I am using UTF-8 (German) but my
>> system is acting quite strange after the upgrade of the (unknown) package:
> [snip]
>> My locale is still set to UTF-8 (German) but:
>> $ env | grep -i lang
>> $
> Are you sure that isn't being set by one of the files your shell sources
> during initialization?  That was the case for me.

Shouldn't the system take care of it when I do a dpkg-reconfigure locales?

$ cat /etc/default/locale
#  File generated by update-locale
$ cat /etc/environment

I'm sure I've heard that there is some transition going on to move the
content of /etc/environment to /etc/default/locale, right? If I
uncomment out the lines in /etc/environment everything works as expected

So should I file a bug against KDE(M) for not respecting

Best regards,