Re: idea for project machines

Re: Steve M. Robbins 2006-03-25 <[🔎] 20060325200111.GA7850@nyongwa.montreal.qc.ca>
> Wouldn't it be nice if you could simply "sudo apt-get install ...."
> yourself?  Is it feasible to have at least some of the sid chroots
> allow this?  Alternatively, how about "sudo pbuilder login ..."?

I was ranting about that on irc before, and was told that this is 1)
considered to be a security risk and 2) not worth the effort. The
additional concern I had was that an automatic solution would put less
load on DSA.

Joey is happy to manually install packages for developers in the
chroots, and did so almost instantly every time I needed it.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/