Re: idea for project machines

Laszlo said:

> On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 15:01 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> > Wouldn't it be nice if you could simply "sudo apt-get install ...."
> > yourself?  Is it feasible to have at least some of the sid chroots
> > allow this?  Alternatively, how about "sudo pbuilder login ..."?
>
>  I was in this situation some time already. But it isn't a solution to
> get sudo apt-get install rights. Someone who may have a build-conflict
> with your build-depends won't be happy if you install that package(s).
> Also your build-depends may conflict with others build-depends and those
> would be removed. Again a someone is not happy situation.

All true.  But the current situation is similar.  I may ask
Mr. build-machine-admin to install package X that conflicts with
package Y that someone else needs.  If Mr. admin is not aware
that Y is currently in use, someone is unhappy.

My suspicion is that this won't happen often enough to worry about.
Once it does happen often enough, a more complex solution -- perhaps
involving pbuilder -- could be instituted.

Regards,
-Steve