Re: idea for project machines

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 15:01 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> [...] apt-get your sources, chroot into sid, and discover that
> one of the build-dependencies is missing.  There's no way to debug the
> build problem: by the time you find the right address to email about
> adding the build-dependency, your time window is up and the issue is
> forgotten for another week or month.
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if you could simply "sudo apt-get install ...."
> yourself?  Is it feasible to have at least some of the sid chroots
> allow this?  Alternatively, how about "sudo pbuilder login ..."?
 I was in this situation some time already. But it isn't a solution to
get sudo apt-get install rights. Someone who may have a build-conflict
with your build-depends won't be happy if you install that package(s).
Also your build-depends may conflict with others build-depends and those
would be removed. Again a someone is not happy situation.

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS