Re: Please reject to rule on the ndiswrapper question

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 09:45:00AM -0500, Michael Poole wrote:
> Bas Zoetekouw writes:
>
> > Hi Wouter!
> >
> > You wrote:
> >
> > > The correct way to proceed would seem to be a ruling by a body
> > > authorized to make authoritative interpretations of the Social Contract,
> > > or, failing that (since I believe we have no such body), a General
> > > Resolution.
> >
> > Wouldn't the ftp-masters be the right authority for this issue?  It is
> > them who decide if the package can go into main or not.
>
> The package is already in main.  The person who filed this bug thinks
> the maintainer and ftp-master decisions were wrong and should be
> changed or overruled.

Right. My take, however, is that they are not technical issues and are
therefore not suited for the technical committee; since the body with
authority over this interpretation already made a decision, the only way
to overrule would seem to be a GR.

No, I'm not willing to propose such a GR, because I do not think that
overruling this decision is required.

--
Fun will now commence