Re: when and why did python(-minimal) become essential?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 04:35:08 +0100, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> said:

> Le samedi 28 janvier 2006 à 21:16 -0600, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
>> God. Is this supposed to be rational technical discussion, or an
>> exercise in jejune mud slinging.

> Deliberate use of words a non-native English speaker cannot
> understand won't help your argumentation.

        I beg your pardon. I was expecting a modicum of competence,
 obviously my trust of such was misplaced. See definition 3 from The
 Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

        I also strongly advice you to look up the package dict.

        manoj

__> dict jejune
4 definitions found

>From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:

  Jejune \Je*june"\, a. [L. jejunus fasting, hungry, dry, barren,
     scanty; of unknown origin.]
     [1913 Webster]
     1. Lacking matter; empty; void of substance.
        [1913 Webster]

     2. Void of interest; barren; meager; dry; as, a jejune
        narrative.

     3. Juvenile; childish; immature.
        [PJC]

     4. Lacking nutritional value.
        [PJC] - {Je*june"ly}, adv. -- {Je*june"ness}, n. --Bacon.
        [1913 Webster]

>From WordNet (r) 2.0 (August 2003) [wn]:

  jejune
      adj 1: lacking in nutritive value; "the jejune diets of the very
             poor" [syn: {insubstantial}]
      2: displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity; "adolescent
         insecurity"; "jejune responses to our problems"; "their
         behavior was juvenile"; "puerile jokes" [syn:
         {adolescent}, {juvenile}, {puerile}]
      3: lacking interest or significance; "an insipid personality";
         "jejune novel" [syn: {insipid}]

>From English-Hindi Freedict Dictionary [fd-eng-hin]:

  jejune <Adj.>

  1. बहà¥à¤¤~सà¥à¤§à¤¾
       "Ram is a jejune boy."
  2. भà¥à¤à¤¦à¥
       "Ram is a stupid and jejune boy."

>From Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0 [moby-thesaurus]:

  208 Moby Thesaurus words for "jejune":
     Lenten, Spartan, abstemious, acarpous, ankle-deep, arid, ascetic,
     attenuated, austere, banal, barren, blah, bland, blank, bloodless,
     cadaverous, celibate, characterless, childless, cold, colorless,
     corpselike, cursory, dead, depthless, desert, desolate, dilute,
     diluted, dismal, draggy, drained, drearisome, dreary, dried-up,
     dry, dryasdust, dull, dusty, dwarfed, dwarfish, effete,
     elephantine, emacerated, emaciate, emaciated, empty, empty-headed,
     empty-minded, empty-pated, empty-skulled, epidermal, etiolated,
     exhausted, exiguous, fade, fallow, flat, flavorless, frugal,
     fruitless, gaunt, gelded, gruelly, haggard, heavy, ho-hum, hollow,
     hollow-eyed, impotent, impoverished, inane, indifferent,
     ineffectual, inexcitable, infecund, infertile, innocuous, insipid,
     issueless, knee-deep, leached, leaden, lean, lifeless, light,
     limited, low-spirited, marantic, marasmic, meager, mean,
     menopausal, mild, milk-and-water, miserly, namby-pamby, narrow,
     niggardly, nonfertile, nonproducing, nonproductive, nonprolific,
     not deep, on the surface, pale, pallid, paltry, pappy,
     parsimonious, peaked, peaky, pedestrian, pinched, plodding,
     pointless, poky, ponderous, poor, pulpy, puny, rattlebrained,
     rattleheaded, sapless, savorless, scant, scanty, scatterbrained,
     scrawny, scrimp, scrimpy, shallow, shallow-rooted, shoal,
     shriveled, sine prole, skeletal, skimp, skimpy, skin-deep, slender,
     slight, slim, slow, small, solemn, spare, sparing, spiceless,
     spiritless, stale, starvation, starved, starveling, sterile, stiff,
     stingy, stinted, stodgy, straitened, stuffy, stunted, subsistence,
     sucked dry, superficial, surface, tabetic, tabid, tasteless,
     tedious, teemless, tenuous, thin, trivial, uncultivated, underfed,
     undernourished, unfertile, unflavored, unfruitful, unlively,
     unnourishing, unnutritious, unplowed, unproductive, unprofound,
     unprolific, unsavory, unsown, untilled, vacant, vacuous, vapid,
     virgin, washy, waste, wasted, watered, watered-down, watery, weak,
     weazeny, wishy-washy, withered, without issue, wizened, wooden,
     wraithlike

--
None love the bearer of bad news. Sophocles