Re: [Pbuilder-maint] Re: A bit of experience after having updated some packages to use pbuilder-test testsuite engine.

        Hi,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> I've checked out xnee, I've noticed that the info documentation was
> not properly installed, and provided a patch. Looked over the BTS,
> tried running, found the same error as bug 315736.

 Curious of xnee, I installed it to try out too, I was hit by the same
 error, launching in -v suggested the program was stopping after
 "closing down while loop in async loop", I grepped for that in the
 source and found it would exit after a variable (presumably the number
 of events to record) would reach 0, this var being initialized to 100.

 Try running:
    xnee --record --mouse --keyboard --future-clients --out rec.xnl \
        --100k-log
 you should have room for more events.

 In general, keyboard and mouse record and replay worked fine here, but
 I did not particularly configure xnee for special cases like compose
 keys or meta keys, the biggest problem being that the documentation is
 a bit confuse to me.

 I think that this program is a bit low-level for the tests you might
 want to achieve, and it exposes various problems to the test suite that
 are not very interesting: it has to follow strict timings, and might
 not be able to replay what you did as fast as you want it to.
   I've found dogtail[1] to be quite interesting, perhaps it is the good
 layer for the integration of functional checks in your packages?

   Cheers,

[1] <http://people.redhat.com/zcerza/dogtail/>
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>