Re: Pre-Depends for Xorg 7.0

[David Nusinow]
> As far as I understand it, this is simply grandfathered in. I'm not
> that up on the FHS details though, so I may be wrong. Remember also
> that this isn't X11R6 any more, but X11R7.

Branden toyed with the idea of setting ProjectRoot to /usr when
packaging XFree86 4.0.  I was sorta hoping he'd just do it.  But in any
case I'm glad it's being done now.

> everything that you'd expect to go in to /usr/bin and /usr/lib will
> install there, at least as far as Xorg goes. An example of that is
> that the new xterm package installs to /usr/bin rather than
> /usr/X11R6/bin.  I haven't finished the packaging of everything, but
> it seems that some of the header files are put in to differenct dirs
> of /usr/include. I'll investigate the reasoning for this further. As
> for /usr/lib/X11, data files like fonts currently go in there.

Well, /usr/include/X11 continues to make sense, particularly for Xlib
and Xt, and probably for Xaw, SM, etc.  /usr/bin/X11, not so much.