Re: Size matters. Debian binary package stats

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> The problem also isn't our machines but some mirror in
> low-diskspace-land.

The amount of disk it takes to carry a complete Debian copy is simply
going to be increasing.  We have to tradeoff dropping a mirror or two
against the costs of weakening the distribution by leaving out
important things.

(And really, data about which mirrors would be dropped would help:
maybe we can buy *them* a disk.  Disks are cheap!)

>> Mirrors that don't want to carry the additional arch shouldn't have
>> to; this should be easy to arrange.
>
> Given the recent mail about the mirror split this seems to finaly get
> started. So far all primary mirrors HAD to carry all archs.

Yes, this has been a long time in coming and I'm glad that it has
begun to move.