Re: For those who care about lesbians

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:51:03 +0000, Roger Leigh <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org> said:

> Mike Bird <mgb-debian@yosemite.net> writes:
>> On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 08:40, Roger Leigh wrote:
>>> Andrew, do you understand just how inappropriate and offensive
>>> your mail was?  Nothing justifies abuse of our lists like that.
>>> d-d-a is a widely-read list both inside and outside the project,
>>> and you have done harm to our reputation.
>>
>> There was nothing offensive about Andrew's message.

> It is offensive to many people, myself included.

        Err, that is a poor criteria. Some people are offended by
 others wishing them a merry Christmas, preferring happy holidays
 instead. And others are offended by the dilution of Christmas by
 happy holidays.

        You are offended by the reference to sexcual preference. I am
 disgusted by the implication you are offended by other peoples sexual
 preference.

        Indeed, I think the thinly veiled homophobia I seem to detect
 in some posts and reactions around here does more to damage Debian
 than that initial email to d-d-a.

        manoj
--
We're all going down the same road in different directions.  -- Dave
Farber