Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 01:26:25AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 11:35:24PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > I believe Ubuntu fills an important gap in the Debian world and as such

> Ubuntu is not part of the Debian world, because it does not share the
> values that found Debian.

That's kind of a strange position to take, isn't it?  Does this mean that
the many users who use Debian directly sheerly on technical excellence
alone, without sharing Debian's "founding values", are not part of the
"Debian world"?  For that matter, I don't know of any derivative Debian
distributions that require their developers to agree to the social contract;
so by that standard, are *any* of them part of the "Debian world"?