Re: Canonical's business model

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I know that sometimes users do the wrong thing in spite of this, and that's
> unfortunate.  However, given that I've never received an inappropriate
> message from an Ubuntu user about one of my packages in Debian at my
> Maintainer: email address, it seems to me that the volume is probably low
> enough to be no more than an occasional nuisance.

Yes, and one should also take into account the fact that some users
regard a responsive Debian maintainer, or maintainer's mailinglist, as a
general support line for every question remotely related to the
package.  It's no more than an occasional nuisance, either, probably

Regards, Frank
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich
Debian Developer