Re: Development standards for unstable

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 12:09:04PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Anthony Towns:
> > If you'd like to make suggestions about ideas that would be useful,
> What about: stop threatening your fellow developers?

For instance, bug #303131 has been open since April last year, and
has had no further recorded action since being tagged serious in May
last year.  Sure, it's only half a meg (though 1600 such packages would
be a gigabyte, even if they were all as small as xml2rfc), and sure it's
only had a couple of uploads since then, but it also clutters all our QA
and tracking tools.  Fundamentally, if a package isn't worth the effort
of maintaining to Debian's standards, it shouldn't _be_ in Debian.

And how about not interpreting it as a threat everytime someone indicates
that things might not go 100% how you might wish? Geez.

Cheers,
aj