Re: Development standards for unstable

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Florian Weimer]
What about: stop threatening your fellow developers?

Why is specifying the consequences of doing a bad job with maintaining
ones debian packages threatening?

IMHO it isn't at all.

Personally I believe it is time we made clear and written down
explanations on what will happen to badly maintained packages, and
then implement it, to make sure the quality of the packages still in
Debian when this policy is implement is higher than the current level.

In addition to the list of Anthony I might add:
Require kind of a monthly status report of the maintainer.  There must be a
reason if an RC bug is open longer than a month.  The maintainer should
give reasons like "Need help", "Discussing with upstream", ...
If the RC bug is two month old: "Sorry, got no help", "Upstream is ignorant",
If a maintainer would not manage to respond to an RC bug for three months
the package is obviousely not maintained and should be taken over by
somebody else, IMHO.

Kind regards