Re: Packet radio and foul language

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 09:28 +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 01:13:06AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > [snip]
> > >
> > > I, for one, am far more interested in the message than the way which
> > > the message is conveyed.
> >
> > The way the message is conveyed *is* part of the message.
> Yes. When somebody puts on a smart suit and tells you, in 'polite' and
> being nice to somebody even though you don't like them, that doesn't
> make you a better person, it just makes you a liar.

I said it was *part* of the message.  Not the whole message.

Even geeks are social creatures.  Thus, even though we can and
should try, we can't totally divorce the message from the medium.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Everyone is always in favour of general economy and particular
Anthony Eden, British prime minister