Re: Packet radio and foul language

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 19:13 -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jan 2006, Benjamin Seidenberg wrote:
> > Miles Bader wrote:
> I, for one, am far more interested in the message than the way which
> the message is conveyed.

The way the message is conveyed *is* part of the message.

If you don't believe that, imagine a man giving a reasoned argument
against Affirmative Action.  In one scenario, he's wearing a suit-
and-tie, has good grammar and has a pleasant accent.  In the other
scenario, his head is shaven, he's covered in tattoos, is wearing
only jeans, is slightly drunk, uses profanity constantly and has
horrible grammar.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"A great many open minds should be closed for repairs."
Toledo Blade Newspaper