Re: Need for launchpad

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 11:25:28AM +0100, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> > I know your smarter than that.  Pressing the down-arrow 50 times to reach
> > an action button takes a lot longer than typing a quick command to invoke
> > that same action, and we both know it.  Please don't throw bogus solutions
> > around like that, it only encourages him.
>
> Hehe...well, it's a matter of working behaviour. I never said, that working
> from the CLI is not faster or more productive sometimes. What I'm trying to
> say is, that this "arrogant elite thinking" must go away.

As far as I can see, you are the only person who has brought such
thinking to this thread. The rest of us are objecting to your claims
that we should be forced to work in the manner used by the most
incompetent user you can find.

I don't think anybody here (other than you) actually cares what method
such users use, so long as it does not affect us.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |