Re: buildd administration

Le samedi 10 décembre 2005 à 11:51 +1000, Anthony Towns a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 05:56:24PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > How many developer resignations will you need to understand inaction
> > from people at key positions sucks the fun out of things in a worse way?
>
> Yeah, threatening resignations, that sure is fun!!!!!

This is no threat, this is a fact. People are resigning because other
people at key positions aren't doing the job they volunteered to do.

> > If the responsibility position isn't fun enough for the work to be done,
> > the person holding that position should resign. It probably required
> > some courage from you do resign from being release manager, and you
> > deserve credits for doing it instead of letting things rot.
>
> Actually it required complete disinterest in the entire process; I made
> the decision when the "Let's force in amd64 in spite of what anyone
> says" GR got proposed.

It got proposed because no one was able to give correct explanations
about why it hadn't been included. I still believe it was a mistake to
release without amd64. That doesn't make me think the entire sarge
release process was wrong; in fact it is certainly our best release
ever.

(Actually, I was already told I'm complaining too much about things
going wrong and never telling people when they are doing a great job.
But if I had to shout it loud whenever I think someone does a great job,
it would suck all my time.)

> What required time, skill, planning and energy
> was the process of actually teaching other folks the skills they needed
> to help out; of the five volunteers only two worked out. At least by
> now I'm only amused that your best characterisation of my time as RM is
> "letting things rot".

Why are you intentionally misreading me? "Letting things rot" is what
*could* have happened, had you go on with this position without finding
it interesting enough.

Regards,