Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> writes:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 10:28:08AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
>>> Now I'm not sure exactly how hard an AM's work is
>> Yes, one could see that.
> So, Andreas is making the point that it is good to keep "silent" AMs on
> the list with hope that some of them can get at least 1 NM on-board
> and work with him/her...

No, the point is that an AM who processes one applicant still helps, as
you don't need to get someone else to do it. It's not as if we have a
limit for the number of AMs.

> Then I have a better idea...  It seems to me that any DD-professional
> is capable of performing AM duties, isn't it?

More or less.

> Then I would say it might make sense to send an announcement to any DD
> with experience over X month and Y packages maintained if they want to
> be just considered for AM process.

Right, because *new* developers have no idea about the NM process and
just need the reminder that it exists to jump up and help.
Sorry, the whole thing doesn't work this way: You need to invest a lot
of time into AM work, so you need to care about it. Just asking every
new developer will not help.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
9: GUI