Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

On 02/08/05, Stepan Golosunov <stepan@golosunov.pp.ru> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 08:24:30PM +0200, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
> >  Nothing. It was just a question, as Nikita sounds to be a female name,
> > but as I'm not sure about it, I was just interested. At least for me, a
> > Hungarian, it sounds like a female name.
>
> In Russia, Nikita is (exclusively) male name.
Hmmm, can we maybe get back to the ON Topic part of this?

Personally I think get a couple of active developers that have been
around a little while that maintain a few packages and get them into
the AM role, and move some of the AMs into a DAM role...

Also: say that if an AM/DAM does not process x applications a month
(reasonably fair amount (say 5) and allow for vaccations/sickness etc)
then they may face removal, as Yaroslav Halchenko said, there are ~61
AM's, if each processed 3-4 applications a month (fairly) the queue
could drop by 180+ in just a month, and that is only really 1 a
week... Now I'm not sure exactly how hard an AM's work is, so lets
make it 1 a fortnight, and it's ~ 90 processed by AM's in a month -
more reasonable, and most likely enough to get the backlogs sorted
out.